Feature Requests

When "user selects image" is enabled, home page can only pin home URL not the individual posts

I would like to use this on the home page, but it moved quickly and if a users links from a pin later on, the content might not be on the home page any more.

So if it could share the post ID/URL, post image and title, then it would be perfect.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    James TenniswoodJames Tenniswood shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Natalie | Tastes LovelyNatalie | Tastes Lovely commented  · 

Followed @PhilDerksen's advice, changed the plug in to "image is pre-selected" rather than "use selects image", and the pin it button now pins the post URL instead of the homepage. Great work around until Pinterest solves this issue.

• Phil DerksenAdminPhil Derksen (Founder, Pinterest Plugins or WordPress) commented  · 

Bringing this old issue back up again...

This only happens if you have the "user selects image" option enabled. With "image pre-selected" any URL can be tied to the pin it button.

Specifying a URL on the post/page edit screen also poses the same issue.

After doing some research this looks like a limitation set by Pinterest. They don't even have an option for specifying a URL if you select the "any image" option.

We will look into it a little more to see if there's still something we can do about it.

• James TenniswoodJames Tenniswood commented  · 

Awesome that worked well for one of the blogs, but has thrown up another small issue, the plugin can't see images that are pulled in as a 'featured image'.

As my posts don't have the actual image pasted into the post, the pin popup comes up without any image in it.

Is that a big fix?
        Thanks so much for the awesome plugin anyway!

Feedback and Knowledge Base