Feature Requests

Static Pin button for mobiles - & - Hover pin for normal browser, feature

Can we have a tick box in the settings to allow a static pin button ALWAYS to be shown on images on a mobile device BUT have the pin show on hover on a normal browser?

19 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jamie shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dan from GTS Clothing commented  · 

What about something like this...not sure how the functionality and backend of this would work, but what about an option to select for a top hover bar that would appear when the user first visits a page from mobile showing them the option to enable or disable pins. If they enable it, the pin it button would appear on all images for that page. If they select disable, no pin it buttons are shown anywhere, unless enabled with share bar or other post placement. is something like that possible?

• Chuck Reynolds commented  · 

This is a good idea to start; perhaps as a fallback. Originally I was looking at a sniffer for mobile, which this would need, to determine if mobile and handle it properly. In my instance the featured image is a link so it was causing a 'double click' required scenario, which is annoying. I know there's no hover on mobile but further explains why some sort of fallback is needed.

I'd say static button on mobile images as a fallback; but with an optional check to disable it for mobile.

Feedback and Knowledge Base